Garage Door Opener Repair
Customer Issue: Mr. Shmidt’s garage door opener made loud grinding noises, and the door began jerking up and down during use. He feared using his garage door, in case the problem got worse and led to a complete breakdown.
Our Solution: Since we couldn’t find any problems in the drive chain or trolley system, we opened the box itself. The motor was full of dust, and a bit of insulation came off and fell into the gears. A thorough cleaning and extrication job got the opener working almost as good as new.
Customer Issue: A broken garage door spring prevented Mr. Satyr from being able to open his door and his car was trapped inside.
Our Solution: To ensure Mr. Satyr wouldn’t be immobile, we carefully lifted the door and set it on ladders to allow him to drive his car out of his garage. Then, after disconnected the damaged unit and replacing it with a new spring, we performed several tension adjustments and safety tests to ensure the garage door could work smoothly again.
Customer Issue: Misaligned sensors.
Our Solution: Fortunately enough, the problem was caused by misaligned sensors. We cleaned the safety eyes, then placed them into their original position and gave them a good tightening. We tested the system once again before leaving, to check we didn’t miss any issues the first time around.
Customer Issue: Garage door track had become damaged by rust.
Our Solution: We uninstalled the old rusty track and got rid of it safely. Afterwards, we installed a pristine track, and made sure that it was properly aligned. Finally, we checked the door to ensure it operated normally.
Craftsman Opener Installation
Customer Issue: The customer wanted a garage opener with a higher horse-power than his current one.
Our Solution: The customer already bought a Craftsman 54990 from another supplier and called us to help install it. We took out the old model Craftsman 54985 and installed the new one on the same day.
Customer Issue: Garage door springs had become frayed and needed to be replaced.
Our Solution: We removed the frayed cable and replaced it with a new one of the same thickness. We also replaced the other cable too as it had started showing signs of damage. We were done in less than two hours.